Euan wrote:

>I understand the problem. Context doesn't travel or easily survive in
>these written forums.

>By posturing I was refering to the military deployments in Europe as an
>existential threat (meaning the liklihood of them being used in an
>invasion of Western, or Eastern, Europe).

Ah, quite different from what I read.  I'm glad we can agree upon the source
of the misunderstanding.

I think we may still have some reasonable differences on the Cold War which
would be worth exploring, but it will probably be spread out as I have
limited time at the moment for a well thought out discussion.  I really do
appreciate the courtesy of your assignment of our miscommunication to a
neutral factor.  I definitely used the wrong context. :-)

Dan M.