On 9/5/2013 4:54 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
The propulsion lasers to get the parts up to GEO at a cost where the whole thing makes economic sense, those are weapons, game changing weapons. And if I had to bet, it would be for them to be controlled by the Chinese. Keith Henson _____________

Now that's a problem with the plan.

If the lasers could be weapons controlled by one country, I can see other countries upset enough to sabotage the whole project. There'd need to be a political solution that made it clear the lasers weren't going to be used as weapons by any group short of most of the UN Security
Council.

            ---David

Zeus' lightning bolt, Maru