Solar and wind energy on Earth certainly are economically viable, far more than
the costs and damages we'll have to pay for massive climate change. Fossil
fuels are "cheap" right now only because the costs (military action, increased
pollution and disease and medical costs, climate change, wildfires, crop
losses) are paid for through circuitous routes, or are not being paid yet
(read: borrowed/stolen from future generations), or the costs and damages are
forced onto disenfranchised people in poor countries who have no recourse to
the people making these decisions. We literally can't afford to keep paying for
that crap.

Solar energy beamed down from outer space? I don't know anything about that.

~Ellen