Well, since I have joined this mailing list I can ask
some questions that I've wondered about. I haven't
read Heaven's Reach in a while, but I don't remember
the book answering these questions. Maybe some list
members might know.

Spoiler warning to anyone who hasn't read Heaven's
Reach!!

1. When Gillian traded things with Uriel, did she take
 any rewqs? They'd be very valuable both for Earthclan
 and for that colony Alvin and Huck moved to.

2. Did we ever find out why Gillian wanted a herd of
Glavers? I doubt they're legally available for uplift
yet, but Contacting Aliens does say they haven't been
spotted (in the other Galaxy 2) in 2000 years. Did she
 figure they might be the last of their kind, and want
 to prevent the Jophur from killing them all? (It
would also have made it possible for Dwer to take a
few back to Jijo, but I doubt David Brin would make
things so narratively "easy" for Jijo.)

3. When Streaker and Polkjhy exchanged people and
chunks of hull, did Lark and Ling give any of the red
rings to Gillian? Those things are a potent biological
weapon against Jophur, even if used only as a
defensive measure.

4. Lark saw an Urs on Polkjhy, stuck in an air bubble.
Why would any Urs accept such a watery/confined fate?
She'll be stuck in that little bubble for the rest of
her life. Why didn't she go onto the Streaker while
all those Dolphins were going onto Polkjhy?

~A new person without a screen-name