Erik Reuter wrote:

On another subject, it seems to me you have a heck of a lot of trouble
with mailman. Isn't it time to try different mailing list software?

Nope... the problems are almost never Mailman itself. This time, it was DNS, Postfix, and persuading Solaris of the proper host and domain names after the server was initially set up with different names. Dave will help -- he used to be at Sun. Not that that assures anything!

Mailman is in use in thousands and thousands of sites, by far the choice of the open-source community. That means there's plenty of help available when I can't figure out what's up with it. And it's written in Python, my language of choice these days.

Nick

-- Nick Arnett Director, Business Intelligence Services LiveWorld Inc. Phone/fax: (408) 551-0427 [EMAIL PROTECTED]