I wasn't expecting much from Stargate Atlantis, and unfortunately I was
not surprised. I give it a 3.5 out of 6 , the 6 categories being:

+1 : O'Neil's replacement - Sheppard, looks interesting
+1.5 : Hammond's replacement - Weir, more depth than Hammond
+1 : Teal'c 's replacement - Teyla, is she good or bad?
0  : Carter's replacement - McKay (sp?), thoroughly boring and cliched
0  : Jackson's replacement - Ford, no where near as interesting as Jackson
0  : the Goa'ould replacement - Wraiths, cheap horror movie crap

Atlantis was also full of plot holes and inconsistencies. It was
clearly a work of keeping the gravy train running rather than a labor
of love. It does have one thing going for it, they opened up a whole
new galaxy for the team to travel around, so there is room for writers
to come up with some good "short stories" in each episode. But the
foundation they laid for the story arc is really shaky.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/