Is there anyone else who thinks that the criteria for the finals is just a little too haphazard this year? I know there were organisational problems, but the criteria listed for wild card slots just seems far too random to me...

The fact is, any team that seriously takes the indoors seriously could have entered. Less than a week before the regionals, every regional had spare places. Any team that really wanted to go to the qualifiers could.

There were quite a few teams that were conspicuous by their absence at the qualifiers. Is it really the case that *all* of these players were busy with GB training? If so, why did nobody think to move either the qualifiers or training? These dates have been provisional for quite a long time, haven't they? If there really was no way around the conflict, this should have been announced or discussed before the events.

Apart from anything else, it's seems completely unjust to allow a team that didn't go to the qualifiers to have a free ride into the finals, regardless of how good they may be, when other teams who played really hard all weekend and came 5th or 6th don't get to go. Who's to say that these teams also didn't suffer through players who couldn't make it? Yet, they still made the effort to play and maybe with an extra player, they may have made the top 4.

Entry to the finals really should not be down to the whim of a couple of people. Particularly when it's 25% of the teams that we're talking about. It makes a mockery of the whole qualifying process, and doesn't exactly help lend the sport any credibility.