UK ULTIMATE DISC EVENTS DIARY

See http://www.ukultimate.com/ for updates.
Create your tournament web page at http://www.ultilinks.com/tournaments/

27 JUNE 2003 (3 DAYS) - BRITOPEN03
Location: Eastbourne Sports Park - [Outdoor Ultimate, Disc Golf, Other Event]

Following the success of last years event this year we intend to be bigger and...
yes... even better. Don't miss it.

www.britopen.co.uk

Nolan
BritOpen Admin Office, Eastbourne, East Sussex, , BN21 4NX
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternative Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work Phone: 01323 430726
Mobile: 077 400 84207
Fax: 01323 430223

05 JULY 2003 (2 DAYS) - TOUR III
Location: Southampton - [Outdoor Ultimate]

DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CHEQUES IS FRIDAY 27th JUNE. Full
details on how to enter can be found on the website.

http://www.skunksultimate.co.uk/tour3

Alex Campbell
1 Rockstone Lane,, Inner Avenue, Southampton, , So14 6HZ
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

19 JULY 2003 (2 DAYS) - TOUR IV
Location: Edinburgh - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Venue: Peffermill Playing Fields, Edinburgh
Space for 36 teams.

Cheques payable to "Fusion Ultimate"
for £140 sent to address below BY 28th JUNE 2003
http://www.edinburghultimate.co.uk/default.asp?pid=36

Andy Mallarkey, Barry O'Kane & Laura Pearce
7 Abercorn Road, EDINBURGH, , , EH8 7DD
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 0773 900 9450

24 JULY 2003 (1 DAYS) - SOUTH WALES OPEN
Location: Caerphilly - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Student Event
chance for students to experience the real meaning of ultimate frisbee!  all standards
welcome
http://www.caerphilly.flyer.com

jumpi
new house, goodrich avenue, caerphilly, Wales, Cf83 1LG
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternative Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Phone: 07773594820

26 JULY 2003 (2 DAYS) - EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE III
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark - [Outdoor Ultimate]

TBA
Main Email: TBA

26 JULY 2003 (2 DAYS) - MIXED TOUR 4
Location: Essex University, Colchester - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Its been a long time, but finally Colchester is back on the tournament circuit. Some
of you will remember the Essex Uni venue from Worlds in 1996 and Europeans in 1991,
well we have secured the same pitches, same accommodation and even the same groundsman!

Registration is now open on a first-come, first-served basis. Cheques for ninety five
pounds (£95) should be made payable to 'Dave Trovell' and sent to the address at the
end of this email.

Provisionally there is space for 24 teams (on 6 pitches), although we may up this to 8
pitches when I meet with the groundsman next week.
In the meanwhile it would be advisable to get your cheques in the post asap.

As we cannot offer camping (sorry campers) we have arranged some cheap accommodation
close to the pitches. There are single rooms at the University (walking distance from
the pitches) and flats that sleep 4 within 5 mins drive.
See accommodation page on the website.

PLEASE NOTE: Accommodation in both the Towers and the Flats need to be booked through
us as the university will not take individual bookings.

DEADLINE FOR BOOKING ROOMS IS WEDNESDAY 23rd JULY @ 6PM

To book rooms simply mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Directions to the Uni can be found on our website. The postcode for those using
multimap or streetmap is CO4 3SQ.

Or see http://www.essex.ac.uk/about/find.html

http://www.ultilinks.com/tournaments/co-edtour4/

Dave and Sarah Trovell
37 Hindes Rd, Harrow, , , HA1 1SQ
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Phone: 020 8863 0430
Mobile: 07815 899 373

09 AUGUST 2003 (2 DAYS) - MIXED NATIONALS
Location: Wetherby Sports Association - [Outdoor Ultimate]

We are still confirming final details, however the following are almost definite:
Brand new clubhouse, brand new pitches, barbeque, party, local press.

cost : TBC
Tom & Catherine Candlin
TBA, , , ,
Main Email: TBA

16 AUGUST 2003 (2 DAYS) - NOT THE EUROPEANS
Location: Titchfield, nr Southampton - [Outdoor Ultimate]

This will be a fun event designed for those who aren't going to Europeans AND for
those who are but are seeking a relaxed tournament in the build up.

It will be held in Titchfield at the venue used for a mixed tour event for the last
couple of years.

There will be space for sixteen teams, hot showers, cheap food, camping just over the
road and the same cheesey DJ as last year!

Registration details, accommodation and directions will be posted nearer the event.

Si Weeks
23 Shepards Close, Fareham, , , PO14 3AJ
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 07815 126573

23 AUGUST 2003 (7 DAYS) - EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
Location: Fonteney-le-Comte, France - [Outdoor Ultimate]

GB is represented in
Junior
Mixed,
Womens,
Masters and
Open Divisions

For information on GBs participation in this event, please contact the UKU Office.

Deadline for final rosters and payments is 25th June.

http://www.euc2003.org/

raoul de vaucelles
TBA, , , ,
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

24 AUGUST 2003 (3 DAYS) - COPA CABANA
Location: Nottingham - [Outdoor Ultimate]

The notorius Nottingham party tournament returns bigger and better for 2003.  Three
days, two days normal tourny, one day hat tournament on the bank holiday, three days
of complete carnage.  We may if through on a little bounce guts.  Much more info to
follow

Lorrie Monaghan
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternative Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Phone: 0115 8450387

26 AUGUST 2003 (3 DAYS) - SOUTH WALES OPEN SUMMER FUN
Location: Caerphilly - [Outdoor Ultimate]

What atime to play and what a place to be this summer, Sunny Carrphilly in the hot hot
Wales. All standards Welcome, girls too.

http://caerphilly.flyer.co.uk

Tony The Tarty Tiger
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternative Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 07773594820

30 AUGUST 2003 (2 DAYS) - IF CARLSBERG RAN TOURNAMENTS...
Location: Cheadle Hulme, Manchester - [Outdoor Ultimate]

We noticed there was a free weekend in the frisbee summer calender! (For all of us not
going to the europeans) So we thought why not hold a tournament here in sunny
manchester.

We have space for 20 teams. and with entry fees of only £80 we are expecting a mad
rush of interested from all of you out there. so get in quick and avoid
disappointment.  With all the usual manchester carange that only Fingers 6 can
provide. it should be a great way to wind down after a hard summers Ultimate.

Send your cheques off to the address below, (payable to MMSU)
James Nicholls
2 Lausanne Rd, Withington, Manchester, , M20 3EU
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 07939998760

06 SEPTEMBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - OPEN NATIONALS
Location: Swindon - Not yet confirmed  - [Outdoor Ultimate]

acting DoC action.
date and venue may yet change.

TBA
TBA, , , ,
Main Email: TBA

13 SEPTEMBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - GLASTONBURY
Location: Glastonbury - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Unwind after a tough Tour at Britains best tournament
Rik Shipley
16 Talbot Terrace, Burley, Leeds, LS4 2RRN,
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Phone: 0113 2749400

27 SEPTEMBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - NBK OUTDOOR (DUTCH OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS)
Location: Delft, the Netherlands;TU-Delft sport centre, - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Force Elektro are delighted to have the chance of hosting this year’s ultimate frisbee
NBK outdoor tournament.  On September 27 and 28, 2003, we will provide an opportunity
for Dutch, as well as international, teams to compete against each other during two
days of action-packed frisbee-fun.  Not only will there be a battle for the
championship title, but there will be much to do in the evening as well.  All
tournament-games, meals, the party, and accommodation will be provided for a very
modest fee.
Force Elektro hopes to welcome a variety of Dutch and international teams to the NBK
outdoor tournament, 2003.  We welcome all teams, and are certain that this will be a
fun and worthwhile ultimate-experience.

Tournament Information
The tournament will be held at the TU-Delft sport centre, which boasts six well-kept
sport-fields.  All games will be played between 9:00 and 17:30, on Saturday 27 and
Sunday 28.  We will provide the breakfast and lunch on Sunday.  For those who want to
spend the night, the indoor-facilities, including shower-rooms, of the sport centre
will accommodate you.  (Don’t forget your sleeping-bags!)  The dinner and party on
Saturday night will be held in the O.J.V. de Koornbeurs.

Tournament Costs
The total costs for the tournament including the dinner, accommodations, and party is
€ 22.22 per participant.  Participants who do not want dinner, accommodations, and do
not want to party, pay only € 15.  Juniors (age < 18) pay 75% of the participant-fee,
which amounts to €16.66 and €11.25 respectively.  The team fee is €20.  All costs must
be paid before the tournament, and team registrations will only be confirmed when
these costs are received.

Team Registration
The maximum number of participating teams is 24.  Teams may begin registering for the
tournament as soon as this invitation is received.  Registration closes on August 25,
2003, but all teams wishing to participate should sign-up as soon as possible in order
to secure a place in the tournament
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have.  First come,
first serve, so be sure your team signs up as soon as possible!

http://nbkoutdoor.tripod.com/

Toby Overmaat
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

28 SEPTEMBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - WOMEN&#8217;S OUTDOOR NATIONALS 2003
Location: Subject to Bidding process - [Outdoor Ultimate]

Now being accepted until July 11.
Preference given to bids for: September 28/29th

Capacity for 10+ teams.

There has already been interest noted from Oxford to
host this event again this year. All bids will be
considered.

If you are unsure of what would be required of a solid
bid or have any questions at all, please e-mail either
Alia [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
Laura [EMAIL PROTECTED] as soon as
possible.

Hosting this tournament is a great way to encourage
the growth of women&#8217;s ultimate in your region, so get
those bids in fast!

*note: If you are interested in hosting the tournament
but for whatever reason will not be able to turn in a
complete bid by the deadline, do e-mail us with
all the information you have available.

Cheers!
Alia & Laura
Women&#8217;s Ultimate coordinators
UKU committee

Alia Ayub
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

25 OCTOBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - SHEFFIELD BEGINNERS
Location: Sheffield - [Indoor Ultimate]

One of the first beginners tournaments of the season with a mini experianced
tournament run along side.

More details later

Richard Hooper
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

01 NOVEMBER 2003 (2 DAYS) - LOUGHBOROUGH BEGINNERS TOURNAMENT
Location: Loughborough University - [Indoor Ultimate]

Purple Haze host their beginners tournament for the second year.

This event is not strictly students only any open teams with beginners playing for no
more than 3 months in November can join in.

More details to follow when term re-starts in September, watch this space!

http://www.lufbra-ultimate.co.uk

Wiggy (Chris Jackson)
25 Storer Road, Loughborough, LEICS, , LE11 5EQ
Main Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Phone: 01509 215490
Mobile: 07765 830842