----- Original Message -----

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I think its vital to get university players on the commitee as they make

up a great chunk of the comunity in the uk. i'd especially like the uni

coorinator and for that matter also the co-ed coordinators on the board!!!

as at the moment neither are on as voted for members so that negates them

for putting forward their opinions better for next year.

The University Coordinator is on the Board, as voted for by those attending
the Uni AGM held at Nationals every year.  The process for the election of
Uni Coordinator is different to that of the other members because the
incumbent takes their place on the board as representative of the
University community rather than as themselves.

> Why is that Rich maybee you can fill me in on that???

See above.  The fact that the UC takes a position on the board, and
particularly my presence in the role, is evidenced by

http://www.ukultimate.com/about/board.asp

and has been for some time.

> as i feel they should be posts within the uku commitee and voted for at
the same time as everyone else each year, and will be my first proposal to
the board for next year.

I completely disagree with the proposal that the Uni Coordinator should be
voted on at the same time as the other positions.  The UC term runs
alongside the academic term, and the distribution of events within that
term suits the May -> April tenure as we have it.

Of course, if you get voted in and you bring such a proposal, we'll have
more time to discuss it then.

Rich

Uni Coordinator