The trend in emails on this subject seems to point to having a shorter season (one
less tour event) for Tour A, but a longer season for Tour B. Why not try to satisfy
both by keeping Tour B at 4 tournaments, and Tour A as 3. The first event would be
Tour Bs 'extra' tournament where you could have everyone invited except for, say, the
top 11 teams (sorry Abstract, just trying to make it interesting for the first
tournament). Then the teams that finish in the top 5 actually win promotion to Tour A
rather than this year's situation where certain teams were a bit miffed about starting
outside the top 16, and due to the schedule, struggled to qualify as quickly as they
felt they deserved.

Top teams in Tour A get longer to train, and more importance to the tournaments while
teams in Tour B get to play more tournaments. Give all the teams in Tour A that didn't
need to play in the opening tournament the same points as the winner so there's still
consistency of points of the whole Tour. Tour A and B tournaments can still take place
at the same venue if that is what is decided. There were bids last year to run A & B
on different weekends at the same venue, but we never heard the reason why this wasn't
chosen. Odd in a year that I thought we really were going to experiment with this. Can
we please have the bidding process more transparent this year? When a popular venue
that was going to only charge £80 a team gets turned down, I think we deserve to know
why.

More importantly, what happened to the predictions for the top 8 teams in the tour
this year? I want to know if I did better than last year.

Kev.

PS Daniel Dui wrote:

1) Water: We pay juniors to run around all day filling up containers so they can
afford to go to worlds
2) Food: How about carbs and vitamins? Don't you remember Exeter serving up salads,
pasta, do-it-yourself sandwiches, fruit, high energy drinks, etc.
3) Cold showers: They've never run cold in Exeter yet.
And lots of other plugs for Exeter while remembering we need to bring a better marquee
next time and check that Double Locks can still cope with 300+ campers
---