I meant to send this yesterday, I replied instead. Anyway I really hope this
was a joke, Here is what I had to say:

As a B-Tour player, this is very patronising to those of us 'lower down'.
The splitting of the tour allowed the structure to be different, it wasn't
(I hope) supposed to give the B tour worse venues because we are not worth
it.

Those of us in the B tour also want nice flat pitches and venues with good
facilities. We are not all poor students who cannot afford to stay in hotels
(although we should, where possible, provide for those that can't afford to
stay in hotels) or pay tournament fees. If you want Ultimate to 'develop to
the point where we are up there with the North Americans' you cannot put
people off by patronising them when they are just getting started or by
making disparaging remarks about those lower down than you, everyone who
plays ultimate at any level started off worse than everyone who played at
any tour event; something that should not be forgotten.

I don't think the difference between the two tours is as different as
suggested. At the nationals there were a few shocks that resulted in B tour
teams crossing over with A tour teams. We played one of those teams who were
in the top 12 (we ended up 25th I think) and it was a close game, they only
won the second half 7-6.

Considering the structure of the tour this year, I don't think (apart from
the nationals) that you would have played a B tour team. I take this sport
'*serious*'ly, as do others in the B tour, but some of us choose to play for
the teams closest to us, we do not know have any well rehearsed songs,
although an after game call is in no way detrimental to the game, in fact
the rules (which we do know by the way) state that 'Highly competitive play
is encouraged but never at the expense of mutual respect between players';
something else that should be remembered. Also, a lot of people get in to
this sport for the social aspect (especially at university) and then develop
in to '*serious*' players when they are ready. Do we really want to remove
this aspect from the sport; if there is a party you do not have to go!

Splitting the venues of the A & B tours does not bother me as long as the
same effort is put in to both and requirements are met for each. What I
don't want to see, and what would be bad for the sport, is 16 teams in the
country playing in good conditions at nice locations whilst the others
don't.

The differences are not as significant as made out, everyone wants to play
in good conditions and almost everyone (even us lowly B tour players) want
the sport to develop.

Sorry to rant, but this made me angry,

Alex Livingstone

Lords Of The Ring