Sorry if this is a late reply to this debate, it's taken a while to read through everything.

I basically want to add my opinion as one of the females who has tried to play Open (as much as possible) and Mixed seriously over the last couple of years. Having had this experience I completely support Rob Alpen's suggestion of splitting the Mixed and Open/Women's tours. It's pretty exhausting trying to keep up with all the tours over the entire summer period and makes training for all divisions even more exhausting. Being able to focus efforts on one division at a time would definately help.

I would add many more reasons for why I support splitting the tours but I think it would be easier for people to re-read Scando's and Becca Forth's emails which, in my opinion, have been the best so far for considering the views of many groups of players. Many people have had opinions, but few have actually tried to consider the matter of splitting the tour from both a male and female perspective which, when your considering that we are also trying to develop the Women's tour aswell as the Open, is highly important.

On a separate note, we are trying to introduce a Mixed division into University Ultimate this year with the aim of increasing the number of Women at this level of the game (and develop both male and female players already playing). I personally think it would be great for University Mixed players to finish the University season and have a dedicated Mixed Outdoor season waiting for them, followed by an Open/Women's season for the next progression. It couldn't be a more natural progression for those players from Uni Ultimate who aren't yet training with Open teams, particularly the Women.

As a final point, a lot of people clearly have a large range of vaild opinions about the direction of UK Ultimate so I hope everyone make's the effort to get to the Annual Conference and support Barry and the UKUA in their decisions.

Ali
GB Mixed and LLLeeds (open and women's) and Uni Mixed Co-ordinator