Why will splitting the tours mean that women will have more time to commit to both? Surely the same amout of time is involved either way, whether it's a mixed tour every fortnight for 6 weeks then a women's/open tour every fortnight for 6 weeks, or it's alternate women's/open and mixed for 12 weeks. Splitting the tours so that the mixed season comes first means that those of us who prefer playing mixed get a shorter season, less time between tours to work on what we've learned, anything we learn from playing in the open/women's tour has to wait until next year, and best of all, we get the early season weather - think if Bristol MT1 and OT1 had both been mixed. I'd feel a little short-changed when I saw the weather at Swindon MT3 - which would have been open...

If it is agreed, as it seems to be, that the Mixed tour is the best place at the moment for women to improve their ultimate, why get it out of the way in a few rainy weeks before the open season starts?

Anna
Salt'n'Sauce