This is the same conclusion we came to re Tour 1.
Ad

----- Original Message ----- From: "hannah easter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "McLoughlin, Matthew J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Britdisc" <britdisc@near.me.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:05 AM
Subject: [BD] shelter at tour 2

re shelter at tour 2

Hi

this is something i have looked into and i did purchase 4 gazebos for the far pitches. However the level of wind at the weekend made these imposible to put up as they would have just blown away possibly injuring people in the process, please be aware though that we do have the goods we just didn't have the weather. we invest most of our tour money back into the tour every year and we do have more facilities every time. tour 4 should be no exception, we will have more equipment.

regards hannah Tour 2 TD

"McLoughlin, Matthew J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Another small point to add to this,

Would it be possible for the UKU (or tournament organisers) to arrange some
kind of shelter pitch side to protect players from the elements (especially
for the pitches furthest away from the sports centre). The scheduling at
tour 2 meant that we only had one opportunity between games (on the Sunday)
to get out of the sun (on Saturday as Stu said we played 6 straight hours
and had no opportunity). I feel this was a major contributing factor to me
having to withdraw from the last game on Sunday through injury.

From memory the Southampton Mixed Tour 1 event provided such shelter so
could we make it common to all tours.

Cheers
Matt