If it is true that the profit margins are so small then I retract my
comments.

As my points are only relevant on a profit to effort/services ratio.

Maybe the first thing that needs to happen is that profits are published
or the UKU pledge that profits are capped at a certain limit, under £1500
for example.

Bex

> On the 'do it yourself' point
>
> My experience of running nationals 2 years ago (In London for those who
> can't remember) it is not always a possibility for most of us. Putting on
> a tourney generally involves going somewhere you either live near now or
> did do for a long time (eg parents etc) rarely do you think that would be
> a nice place to go lets see what's around. Consequently not everywhere can
> do a DIY job. In London I paid £4000 for pitches and made about £500 --On
> food only-- at £150 per team. Looking elsewhere in London I am hard pushed
> to find a venue that can accommodate enough caars at a price people will
> pay whilst being able to sleep easy the night before. Unlike last time
> when I had to go to sleep knowing that the first £100 profit that food
> made was just to break even!
>
> Just a sample profit thing in case the wider public care.
>
> Jo
> Clapham

Rebecca Forth
Colt Foundation Research Fellow
Portex Anaesthesia, Intensive Therapy & Respiratory Unit
Institute of Child Health
30 Guilford Street
London
WC1N 1EH