Rebecca, et al

  I think tournaments are not expensive, they are not cheap, but we get
  good value for money.

  The whole debate about tour structure is largely due (I think?) to the
  fact that the UKU did not get enough bids to split the tour and hence
  overcrowded, etc etc tournaments.

  So why do we want competition to drive down tour prices?  This would
  surely make even less people willing to run tournaments, as one of the
  main reasons TD's run tournaments is because they feel they can cover
  their costs and time with the takings (and of course the other
  reason being their love of the game [i.p.emwink.gif] )

  One suggestion I have heard before is to have a dedicated UKU based TD
  Team (or individual) who is paid part-time by UKU and who sort out the
  4 tours, 4 mixed tours and nationals.  Then there would be profit
  going to UKU, the need for just one set of tournament equipment
  (therefore it can be of high standard), etc.  Practical? not for me to
  say...
  Stu
Steal #02