Thanks very much for your hard work Benji, would be brilliant if we
could avoid schedule clashes. The joys of an indoor DoC at last :-)

The London Winter League was initially set up in 2001 as a springboard
for UK teams playing in Hawaii 2002, with a bit of co-ordination we can
make the now UK-wide Winter Leagues just as good a springboard for Perth
2006 (although the November date means we are more of a chance to bed in
new players than a pre-season).

It seems to make sense if as many Winter Leagues as possible use the
same weekends to free the most dates for schmindoors.

Luckily, like Midlands, our initial preference is for the 2nd weekend in
every month - to give an extra week after Nationals before we kick off,
and so that we don't have to play on Jan 01! Only down-side is that Dec
11 is only 14 days to Christmas and there may be a few absentees - I
think our opinion is that we have to live with that.

For us that would mean:
1. Sunday Nov 13
2. Sunday Dec 11
3. Sunday Jan 8
4. Sunday Feb 12
5. Saturday Mar 11 Charity shield & Party (provisional depending on
Rimini etc, can't see any dates on the Paga site)

Does that tie in with what Midlands are thinking?

To encourage the bigger teams to support their local Winter Leagues we
are going to consider closing the Charity Shield to the winners (and
maybe 2nd etc) of Regional Winter Leagues plus a couple of invited
overseas teams if we can get them. Perhaps we also need to look at the
next tier as well (the Charity Mug?), several teams not in the Shield
came down to London last year and it went well. Comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] please, or to BD if you think they are important
enough.

Cheers
Bear
Consultant Coach to the Thundering Herd.
Clapham forever!
Bad Company from birth.