I wasn't going to get involved with this one, but I've got to disagree with
Hannah on a point.

>My suggestion would be to limit the B tour to 16 teams

The whole point about splitting the tour was because we had finally hit 48
teams at a Tour tournament. Splitting the last Tour tournament may not have
been the best one to experiment with since the later tours every year since
U8 started had lower attendance. Limiting the A tour to 16 teams and letting
the B tour gorw to 32 teams meant that we should still be a few years away
from deciding what to do about the teams not being able to get into the B
tour. We argued for 5 years about whether we should split the tour. We
agreed in principle two years ago but only just had enough bids to try it
out. Don't reject or radically change something just because it wasn't a
success in every department at the first attempt.

Start looking at which tours should be split for next year. Tour 1 & 2 are
the obvious candidates since that is when we have most student teams
entering, unless Bristol is happy hosting 60+ teams.

Kevin.
---