Pitches have been argued over, entries been submitted, arms twisted to
get teams to enter or change divisions..but we're finally there - LWL 1
is on it's way :-)

The LWL Committee is pleased to announce that LWL1 05/06 has 30 entrants
in 3 divisions across 10 pitches, and that we have been able to
accommodate every team that wanted to play.

Some key points:
1.      Because of the size of the divisions and pitch requirements, the
OPEN DIVISION WILL BE ON WANDSWORTH and the MIXED DIVISION WILL BE ON
CLAPHAM.
2.      All games will start at 9:30am on the dot. Given the tight
schedule we have to work to real world time rather than Frisbee time so
teams will be able to deduct points for late arrivals (1 point every 2
minutes, game forfeit if either team is 15 minutes late).
3.      All divisions will be finished by 3:30pm - the schedules consist
of 6 one hour timeslots with 50 minute games in each timeslot. When the
hooter blows on 50 minutes complete the point; only if scores are level
play a further deciding point.
4.      Every team will play 4 games and have 2 games off. If you're a
top seed you get a lie in, it's traditional..
5.      Be prepared for all weathers - this is Winter League! Our annual
top tip is a bin liner to put your kitbag in.
6.      Last year we had over 100 attendances but 3 no-shows. No-shows
REALLY cause everyone a lot of pain so please please please if your team
does suffer some awful disaster and can't make it -let one of the
committee members know ASAP, and definitely before Sunday!
7.      If we have made any mistakes in the teams entered please let us
know immediately.

The Open competition is split in to 2 divisions of 9 teams. Each
division contains 3 pools of 3 who then go into 3 further pools of 3
depending on position. There will be promotion and relegation between
the divisions between matchdays, at the discretion of the LWL Committee.
We intend sticking to this format so every game is important in terms of
making next matchday's games that little bit easier or harder.

The Mixed competition is one division of 12 teams, but this division is
split into peer pools (2 top pools of 3 and 2 bottom pools of 3).
Winners and 2nd in the top pools move to the semis and final, losers and
2nd in the bottom pools move to semis and finals for positions 9->12.
3rd in the top pools and winners of the bottom pools play crossover
semis and finals for positions 5->8.

The precise schedule has been uploaded to the lwl-contacts yahoogroup -
please print out copies for your team and make sure you track scores
accurately. These pools of 3 could get messy if you don't!

All this info will be available shortly from
http://www.londonultimate.com/winterleague/ if it isn't already.

Many thanks to my fellow committee members Wrecker, Gaz and Nicole for
all their hard work.

See you on Sunday,
TheBear
Consultant Coach to the Thundering Herd.

Open Division 1:
1 Clapham Ultimate
2 Fire Of London
3 EMO