Sébastien Hinderer, le Mon 27 Oct 2008 16:37:44 +0100, a écrit : > Michel Such wrote: > > At the moment, there are buitin drivers for HandyTech displays and > > FreedomScientific Packmate. > > > > But all this is very new, I guess there will be others. > > It may be wise to think about it very deeply before including braille > drivers into nvda rather than using something like brltty. > Indeed, if a braille device is supported by brltty, including a driver > for this device in NVDA does not only duplicate code, it will also > prevent concurrent access to the display.
I've read the drivers in question (see svn co http://svn.nvda-project.org/nvda/trunk the source/brailleDisplayDrivers directory), they are actually not reimplementing brltty drivers, they are just using the interface provided by the drivers shipped by the manufacturer, so I think it makes sense to implement that way too. Samuel _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
