> On Jun 7, 2016, at 9:32 AM, Azoff, Justin S <jaz...@illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> So, the way this could work is that '$TOOL install foo' could both 'install'
> and 'enable' 'foo' and '$TOOL disable foo' could disable it without removing
> it.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking people would want/expect.

> The directory/symlink thing is just one implementation, automatically editing
> a special .bro file and adding/removing lines would work too.

Part of the process of installing the tool could be

        echo @load bro-pkgs.bro >> $BRO_INSTALL_DIR/site/local.bro

Then the bro-pkgs.bro script just needs to be in BROPATH and the tool would
automatically add/remove entries from it.  That special script can be
maintained in the same place where the tool is maintaining all its installed
packages.

- Jon