On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 08:42:32PM +0000, Thomas Hoelgaard wrote:
> Men i masser af tilfælde er der også simpelthen tale om, at dommerne bare
> bedømmer den konkrete øl forskelligt. Det, som én dommer synes er
> superfedt ved en øl i kvalen, synes dommer nummer 2 måske mindre godt om i
> finalen, eller omvendt.

I have tried to stay out of this discussion too, but can't help highlighting
one more detail.

The absolute number of points is as such quite irrelevant. If one person is
very demanding, and consistently gives every beer 8 points less than another,
more forgiving judge, no harm is done. As long as both of them recognize the
qualities in the beers, and give the better beer more points than the worse
one. Then the better beer wins over the worse one, both in qualification and
in the finals.

Distilling the goodness and worth of a beer into a single number is in any
case a rather absurd idea, and can not work perfectly, even in the ideal
world.

"Beer anyway"

    Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk