Hej Rasmus,

On 22. okt.  12.53, Rasmus Nissen wrote:
> Hvorfor bliver mit øl konsekvent mørkere end beregnet?

Her er et par bud:

" Differences in brewing conditions can lead to substantial color
changes in the finished beer, these effects being particularly important
for beers at 5 degL or less.

    Water As the alkalinity of the water increases, so does the
extraction rate of the coloring pigments in malt. The mash pH I has the
same effect, and increasing pH leads to worts with deeper color.

    Mash Color increases with the amount of contact time with the
grains. Thus, a prolonged mash will produce a deeper-colored beer than a
short mash.

    Kettle boil The Maillard reaction also takes place as wort is
boiled; therefore, wort color increases with boil time. A fact that is
sometimes overlooked is that wort simmering has the same effect. The
point is that this will lead to an incomplete hot and cold break, which
in turn leaves more coloring elements in the finished wort.

    Hops Some color is obtained from hops both in the kettle and in
storage containers when postfermentation hopping is used.

    Fermentation The proteinous matter produced during the cold break is
full of coloring materials and, hence, removal of these materials will
reduce color. It has been reported that color changes during
fermentation vary with yeast strain.

    Filtration This can dramatically reduce color. It should be noted
that a clear beer will appear to be lighter color than turbid beer.

    Oxidation

    At all stages of brewing, air pickup will deepen beer color. This is
as true of hot wort production as it is of bottled beer with head-space
air."

Fra http://beerrecipes.org/beercolor.php

> Jeg kan afvise at øllet brænder på i gryden.

Maillard-reaktioner (som er dem der fx. sker npr man rister brød) sker
også ved alm. kogning og simring, ikke kun når det brænder på.

--
Christian Jul Jensen

christ...@jul.net