Op 29-09-2026 om 18:58 schreef Alexander Sosedkin:
Simon Josefsson's takeaway reads kinda bitter:
I reverted back to storing translations in git,
That's not bitter -- that's plain realism: one cannot be sure that
the TP will still be there tomorrow. So the sensible thing to do
is to download the PO files now and then and store them in git.
* could translationproject.org provide versioned downloads?
No. Gnulib is an anomaly in that is does not make releases.
If it did that, or provided a gnulib-l10n-<date> tarball at
regular intervals, there would be less of problem. I'm not
going to make a special mechanism to version gnulib PO files
for every upload that a translator makes.
What I can do is provide a backup tarball at the TP, every
month. A backup script runs for this purpose already, making
a backup for each team, so it's easy to add a separate line
for gnulib. I've created an example tarball at:
https://translationproject.org/backups/2026-09/gnulib.tgz
Instead of fetching the latest PO files from the TP, GnuTLS
would fetch the gnulib.tgz backup tarball of the preceding
month from the TP. Would that be useful?
--
Regards,
Benno