Op 30-09-2026 om 16:09 schreef Alexander Sosedkin:
On September 30, 2026 3:54:02 PM GMT+02:00, [email protected]
wrote:
Instead of fetching the latest PO files from the TP, GnuTLS
would fetch the gnulib.tgz backup tarball of the preceding
month from the TP. Would that be useful?
Yes, very much yes.
If translations would be retrievable in form of a stable snapshots,
that'd solve my problem entirely,
and one month seems like a reasonable interval to me.
I just wanna note I'm after the gnutls ones, not the gnulib ones.
Sorry that I misunderstood. But... if /you/ want your builds to be
reproducible, then /you/ should store all the things that are needed
for that, and not depend on another party.
If you don't want to pollute your git with dozens of PO files, maybe
tar them up into a single binary file, commit to git, and extract the
PO files at build time.
--
Regards,
Benno