Hello,

Mike Kelly, le mer. 07 oct. 2026 17:20:30 +0100, a ecrit:
> Patches 1-3 could be merged without 4 and 5.

Thanks! I have applied them.

> It's patch 4, I think, that might not be. This patch adds a
> new gnumach device called "efi" whose only purpose is to make the
> physical address of the EFI System Table available to privileged
> processes. I modelled this on when we added support for 'PIC mode'
> status to an "irq" device. It seems a lot of effort for basically
> accessing a single integral value.

Yes, that looks very overkill.

> I considered adding a mach message for the purpose but couldn't see a
> message set in which it made sense. One could add a Mach 'registry'
> feature which gave privileged read access to key (string) value
> (binary) pairs, perhaps.

This could be added as a new kind of host information, see
include/mach/host_info.h

Is the information really privileged?

Samuel

Reply via email to