On Sat, Aug 08, 2026 at 03:26:02PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2026 at 05:26:10PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> > That should be ok, as long as we avoid creating shadow targets if there
> > is an associated node (my patch to texinfo.tex avoided this).  Then
> > outputting a warning won't affect many existing manuals.
> 
> I have implemented the changes we discussed about.
> 
> I am not sure about messages, could you please review?

For information I have not forgotten about this issue, I just have not
had the time or enthusiasm to look at this properly again yet.  I will
likely come back to in the next week or so.


> 
> The message warning when a node is created with the tree transformation
> insert_nodes_for_sectioning_commands but there was already one node,
> also added, with the same name is:
>   "\@%s `%s' already added node", current section command, current
>                                   section argument (current section line
>                                   number)
>  continuation
>   "added for \@%s", section with the same name previously added command
>                     (section with the same name previously added line
>                      number)
> 
> 
> For "shadow targets", the message is:
>  "\@%s `%s' already added target", current section command, current
>                                   section argument (current section line
>                                   number)
>  continuation
>   "added for \@%s", section with the same name previously added command
>                     (section with the same name previously added line
>                      number)
> 
> -- 
> Pat

Reply via email to