On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 07:58:42PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2026 at 03:26:02PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2026 at 05:26:10PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> > > That should be ok, as long as we avoid creating shadow targets if there
> > > is an associated node (my patch to texinfo.tex avoided this).  Then
> > > outputting a warning won't affect many existing manuals.
> > 
> > I have implemented the changes we discussed about.
> 
> Is there any way to get nodes added for lone sectioning commands rather
> than anchors?
> 
> I tried running texi2any with "-c USE_NODES=0" but it made no difference.
> Is there any way to configure this with USE_NODES or other variable?

Yes, with
-c TREE_TRANSFORMATIONS=insert_nodes_for_sectioning_commands

I previously wanted to add another value for USE_NODES, but in the end
using "-c TREE_TRANSFORMATIONS=insert_nodes_for_sectioning_commands"
seems best to me.  The real question is whether we should make is the
default.  In that case, maybe we could add a customization variable to
avoid doing it.

> Earlier email:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2026-07/msg00068.html

Reply via email to