On Wed, Sep 09, 2026 at 05:30:48PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> 
> Do you have access to these files in this CI setup?  If not, we could try
> building on a NetBSD system somewhere to see if we get the same test failure.
> 
> This test has been run for more than two months, in fact it appears to have
> been introduced in 2012 (commit d31f371ba82c9e786083, 2012-01-27 21:05:48 
> +0000).
> So it seems likely that it should be possible for this test to be fixed to
> pass on this NetBSD system.
> 
> I don't regularly check the results of this CI system (in fact, I would have
> to look for previous emails to find a web link) and don't know if Patrice
> does either so we will not know about test failures unless someone reports
> them.

I try to keep an eye on the CI, although less when there are many
changes to the Texinfo code going on as it was the case lately.  Also it
seemed to me that NetBSD was failing for a reason unrelated to Texinfo
since a long time, so I had stopped looking at it, but it is a good thing
that it works again.  But as it failed for a long time, it is difficult
to know which change caused the failure.


To get useful debugging information, you need a github account.  In my
practice, there are two main things that are interesting to understand
what is going on, one is the raw logs, obtained by clicking on the cog
on the right and "View raw logs".  Even more interesting are the files
from the main actions list, that are in "Run actions/upload-artifact@v4".
In this item, there is normally, at the end a link to a zip, like

  Artifact download URL: 
https://github.com/gnu-texinfo/ci-check/actions/runs/34280699379/artifacts/10077854195

which contains a full log of the configure, build and check with log
files.

Unfortunately, for NetBSD, there seems to be something that does not
work, the archives are not available.

I'll try to reproduce on cfarm when I have time unless someone beats me
to it.

-- 
Pat

  • fail... Bruno Haible via Bug reports for the GNU Texinfo documentation system
    • ... Gavin Smith
      • ... Patrice Dumas
    • ... Patrice Dumas
      • ... Bruno Haible via Bug reports for the GNU Texinfo documentation system

Reply via email to