Following up...

I sent this message on to the guy where I work who manages our PIX Firewalls
and he spent some cycles on the horn with the Cisco tech types- the short
answer is that Cisco told him there were no known DoS attacks against 5.3.1.
According to Cisco, the 5.2.5 release came out *after* 5.3.1 but was
designed for people to move out of the 4.x version of the PIX IOS. 5.3.1
does have a number of known bugs, to be sure, but none that match the
description above.

Corey M. Snow- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Web Developer, Washington Dental Service
(206) 528-7361, Mobile (360) 481-2563
FAX: (206) 985-4939
Web: http://www.deltadentalwa.com