Title: J
Hell, most of the paved roads around here are topped with oil and stones once a year.  Loose stone roads are great fun on a stormy summer night.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 12:25
Subject: Re: [BP] tar and asbestos

Bruce, you're right on both counts, Bruce L was the named recipient, the material NY uses is a combination of tar, gravel, sifted dirt, its very gummy when fresh, and needs to be rolled like crazy. I wouldn't want a driveway out of the stuff, especially down here. Don (the owner mentioned) said the stuff stuck to everything. I've read that for highway use, the recycled asphalt is working very well, and really cuts down on the amount of tar needed to resurface a roadway.

Jim