2008/2/4, Michele Sanges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing an application in order to show a splash image and a
> progress bar during the boot phase of my embedded device.
> This application is based on framebuffer device and is in user space so,
> unlike 'bootsplash', don't require any kernel patch (similar to
> 'splashy', but not use the directFB library).
>
> Someone think that this application could be useful if added to busybox
> as applet?

 Considering the growing number of embedded devices based on linux
embedded and busybox it seems to me a good idea.  Please take a look
to asus_osd (from Eee PC source repository) which use X11 but it could
be generalized to use FB in userspace. It uses queue in order to
communicate the show... so the progress in boot process too.

 ftp://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/ASUS_ACPI_071126.rar

 In that .rar ther are asus_osd.tar.gz containing the sources

 Ciao,
--
/roberto