Trying to move from:

        udhcpc -H foo

to:

        udhcpc -x hostname:foo

following the advice:

        udhcpc: option -h NAME is deprecated, use -x hostname:NAME

This is "BusyBox v1.20.2".

I find out that using that option:

        -x hostname:foo
                   ^

shows up in /proc/<pid>/cmdline as:

        -x hostname foo
                   ^

and that screws up a few things around here :(

Now I wonder what's going on.  What should I put the blame on?
A simple test shows that shouldn't happen.  Run the attached script
with:

        /path/to/cmdline2.sh -x hostname:foo

and you'll see what I mean.  The output from the script looks exactly
like I'd expect it to.

What's changing the /proc/<pid>/cmdline in the busybox udhcpcd case?
Looking around in the process table I see other daemons showing
correct option arguments:

        /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -u 104:105
                                                     ^
Where should I seek enlightment?

Cheers,

--