On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Matt Whitlock wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 March 2014, at 12:46 pm, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > Is it possible to restrain from modifying the arguments for the
> > command line?  The problem is that the process watcher used here
> > is dependant on having the original/unmodified
> > /proc/<pid>/cmdline.  If the watched process dies, the cmdline is
> > used to respawn it. Respawning it with an erroneous command line
> > creates a respawn loop.
>
> Couldn't you use the 'init' applet from Busybox to achieve process
> watching and respawning?

Short answer, no, can't do that.  There's another one there, already.
But really, this is not an `init' question, as I see it.  It's about
keeping the original/unmodified program arguments in
/proc/<pid>/cmdline.

I know of no other program doing such sort of thing, although I think
I understand the reason behind this particular way of handling the
'-x' option argument in udhcpc.

Cheers,

--
Cristian