On 3 June 2022 21:17:54 CEST, FriendlyNeighborhoodShane
<shane.880088.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>It's been almost 2 months since the original patch was submitted and a
>few weeks since this final version was. But it hasn't received any kind of
>a reply/feedback from the maintainers yet (and this seems to be the case
>with quite a few other patches too).
>
>Is there something obvious I'm missing, some kind of filter (mental or
>otherwise)
>it's getting caught in? I honestly don't know, because there isn't anything
>particular mentioned on the website's lists section.

Please keep in mind that busybox is a project driven by volunteers.

Patches have to have a proper Signed-off-by with real names for legal reasons,
I think you forgot to add that.

I vaguely remember less and letting color through verbatim. Ah, here

https://busybox.busybox.narkive.com/Ueypu29o/patch-1-3-less-use-esc-positive-instead-of-esc-normal

and following.

Specifically:
---8<---
It is not okay in Unix to pipe escape sequences to a non-tty stdout.

I don't think the rest of Unix world needs to accommodate it.
---8<---

So, not sure, but I think it has become more and more common practice in the
meantime?