On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 10:13 AM Dario Binacchi
<dario.binac...@amarulasolutions.com> wrote:
> I developed this application to test the Linux kernel series [1]. As
> described in it I could not use the iproute2 package since the
> microcontroller is without MMU.

I don't think we need to have "iplinkcan" applet.
(I'm not sure having the non-standard "iplink" et al was a good idea
in the first place)
Let's just use "ip link set type can ..." syntax only

> +               case ARG_restart: {
> +                       __u32 val = 1;
> +
> +                       NEXT_ARG();
> +                       addattr_l(&req.n, sizeof(req), IFLA_CAN_RESTART,
> &val, sizeof(val));
> +                       break;

Why NEXT_ARG()? "restart" has no parameters, right?

I'm applying your patch with some changes.
Please try current git.