From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Allen Brier N5XZ
via BVARC
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:54 PM
To: 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB'; tdxs-l...@tdxs.net; ctd...@kkn.net;
n...@mailman.qth.net
Cc: Allen Brier N5XZ
Subject: [BVARC] N5XZ ARRL 10-Meter Contest

                    N5XZ ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  445    83
  SSB:  550    82
-------------------
Total:  995   165  Total Score = 475,200

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

WOW! I expected conditions to be lousy, which they were. What I didn't
expect
was to make almost 1000 QSO's and almost 500K points! This was far better
than
I expected! Quite some time ago, I made just over 1000 QSO's when band
conditions were good. I didn't expect to make anywhere near that many. I had
really great run on Saturday, with N1MM+ rate meter clocking in at 403 for
10
minutes and the max rate tool showing 360/hour for 1 minute. Not bad for
lousy
band conditions. Imagine if the conditions were good! I managed to work two
DL's, one EA8, one E51, a bunch of VK/ZL's and a slew of Central/South
America/Caribbean stations. Not bad for Texas in these conditions. This is
the
first time I have done mixed mode for a long time, and it was for sure a lot
of
fun.

Thanks as always to my wife for putting up with me this weekend.

Rig: K3/P3 (I'll never go without a bandscope again!)
Amp: Alpha 78 @ 1500W out
Ant: 4-el SteppIR @ 75 ft
Int: microHAM micro KEYER II
S/W: N1MM+