I have two weather stations. Davis Vantage Pro $459.99 and Davis Vantage Vue $269.99. I bought them from Scientific Sales Inc. I think they are in New Jersey. If I am remembering correctly no tax and no freight. They both are very good. The one think to realize about the rain gauge is very accurate in a steady rain. I have compared with Channel 2. However in a heavy or blowing rain the design of all of the gauges will now allow them to keep up with the actual amount of rainfall or the rate. The collector depends on a sort of seesaw with cups on each end.

Mike Mustachia
KF5PHA

-----Original Message----- From: D. Howard Bingham via BVARC
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:19 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Cc: D. Howard Bingham ; ad...@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Hurricane Harvey Rainfall

Anywhere LOCAL where one can find good quality rain gauges, not the
small plastic jobs sold at home improvement stores.?

Used to be AESHAM used to carry several pages of weather gear in their
annual catalog (That I sorely MISS.)

73

Howard Bingham, Deer Park, TX

No water in the House, but was wall to wall lake last Saturday morning.

---