Looks like some nice goodies for the builders out there.

Travis

K5HTB

---------------------

No trees were harmed in the production of this message, however, a great many
electrons were

terribly inconvenienced.

Whether you build gear or not, some basic test gear is handy to have around. We
looks at a few items. We also discuss tables and chairs (!)
Test gear, speech processors, chairs and tables (!) from SOTABEAMS
View this email in your
browser<http://mailchi.mp/sotabeams/sotabeams-update?e=62d5aecf9c>

In this newsletter:

Test gear for the shack
Special Offer on test gear
The FT-817 speech processor (update)
Tables and chairs from SOTABEAMS (really)

Don't want this? Click here to unsubscribe
instantly<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=4298909b23&e=62d5aecf9c&c=5f1e857250>.

Test gear for the shack

Even if you don't build radio gear, test equipment has a wide variety of uses
in the shack. Here at SOTABEAMS we have a fully equipped lab with all the test
gear you could ask for but the most used bit of gear is our
LCR45<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=b0ae75ca57&e=62d5aecf9c>
 meter. This inexpensive unit measures resistance, capacitance and inductance.
We use it for checking feeder cables (50 Ohm cable has a capacitance of 100pF/m
so we can use an LCR meter to check feeder lengths. Three years ago we used to
stock a small range of test gear from local company Peak Electronics, now that
we have moved and have more shelf space, we have started stocking this great
gear again.
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/9c9c5c37-299e-46eb-b51a-f05d57b81472.jpg]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=0b6f3f3e0e&e=62d5aecf9c>

We are stocking these handy items:

  *
LCR45<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=c96b7da50e&e=62d5aecf9c>
 an automatic meter for measuring inductance, capacitance and resistance..
  *
DCA55<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=d75e8e9380&e=62d5aecf9c>
 a very clever semiconductor analyser - superb value-for-money!
  *
DCA75<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=7861b3f7c9&e=62d5aecf9c>
 an even more sophisticated semiconductor analyser with computer software
  *
ZEN50<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=85ac7c119a&e=62d5aecf9c>
 a Zener diode tester
  *
SCR100<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=bf9a72fee0&e=62d5aecf9c>
 Triac and Thyristor Analyser

My pick for two great instruments would be the
LCR45<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=f1e2716952&e=62d5aecf9c>
 and the
DCA55<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=b43e7c797f&e=62d5aecf9c>.
 Check out my
blog<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=220fe5fec6&e=62d5aecf9c>
 for a brief review of these great instruments. Also don't miss out on our
special offer below!

Compliments of the season
73 Richard G3CWI

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/special_offer1.jpg]

Save 10% on all items in our "Test
Equipment<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=04edfd7415&e=62d5aecf9c>"
 store department by using the coupon code PEAK, when you check out.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/9c9c5c37-299e-46eb-b51a-f05d57b81472.jpg]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=2e9be15167&e=62d5aecf9c>

Offer not available retrospectively.
Offer ends 1 January 2018.

FT-817 Speech Processor

***up to 6dB apparent gain***

Previously only available as a kit, we can supply this handy speech processor
fully built and tested.
Only SOTABEAMS provides this unit built!

This little speech processor has proved hugely popular with batches selling out
immediately. It is already getting great
reviews<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=3829798924&e=62d5aecf9c>
 too. It would make a great Christmas present.

We have just received another small batch;
c<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=b9c097367f&e=62d5aecf9c>lick
 here to reserve
yours<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=7d8d0d3498&e=62d5aecf9c>
 before they are all sold.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/30a9edc1-4fb4-468b-899a-dc795a8d3f2e.jpg]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=dcc31347cc&e=62d5aecf9c>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/6bc74229-46a6-4507-ba51-d2f306f24fc8.jpg]
Tables and Chairs from SOTABEAMS

SOTABEAMS is probably not your "go to" webstore for soft furnishings so you
would be surprised to find that we now stock tables and chairs. Not any old
tables and chairs though, rather we have started stocking a table and chair
that will appeal to back-packing portable operators. A thread on the SOTA
reflector was the start of this initiative. As a result of that discussion, I
bought in samples of various folding chairs and tables to see how they
performed. The requirement for a backpacking chair and table is quite a
stringent one. They need to be light yet rugged and practical.

My research - together with some field tests led me to the conclusion that
there was just one chair and one table that met the requirements. They are the
Ground
Chair<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=899a469860&e=62d5aecf9c>
 and Table
One<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=3d131438d5&e=62d5aecf9c>
 - both from a Korean company called Helinox. Both have won various design
awards.

The Ground
Chair<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=808afb34eb&e=62d5aecf9c>
 is a very clever design. It sits low to the ground on its strong one-cord
aluminium base. I think that it would be even be quite usable in a Bothy Bag.
It's very comfortable and has sufficient ground clearance that soft ground
conditions will not be a problem (soft waterlogged grass and heather is common
in the UK). It packs up small and is very light for something that gives such
comfort.
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/3473b49c-5aa9-4091-af9c-730828696f0c.jpg]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=5bb804cc34&e=62d5aecf9c>

The Table
One<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=60c5d0c550&e=62d5aecf9c>
 is simply brilliant! It won't be something that you would take out all the
time but for those slightly more relaxed portable trips it really excels. Packs
very small and so easy to assemble and use.
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68/images/dab7c1a9-8ade-4294-bf13-6dc25425e009.jpg]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=e7808a1e14&e=62d5aecf9c>

Helinox is a premium brand and I was pleased to see that the quality of both
these items was high - they will last a long while and give you many
comfortable hours of radio fun in the sun (or rain).

We expect to have the Ground
Chair<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=91f4fc2dc1&e=62d5aecf9c>
 and Table
One<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=878cd6f96f&e=62d5aecf9c>
 in stock in a few days and both can be pre-ordered now on our website. As an
added bonus, for a limited time, if you buy a Ground Chair you will qualify for
a 10% discount on the Table One if bought at the same time.

Happy Christmas from the SOTABEAMS team, Richard G3CWI, Martin, Aaron, Joe and
Lisa

[Facebook]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=49203dca98&e=62d5aecf9c>
Facebook<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=f8f558c9a4&e=62d5aecf9c>
[Twitter]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=b6babe817d&e=62d5aecf9c>
Twitter<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=e464d8abfc&e=62d5aecf9c>
[Website]<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=df980b5c6c&e=62d5aecf9c>
Website<https://sotabeams.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3a85afccc4843a7b778acbb68&id=b3ccff2922&e=62d5aecf9c>

Copyright © 2017 SOTAbeams, All rights reserved.
Opted in from web site

Our mailing address is:
SOTABEAMS
Unit 1 The Green