Greetings,

Unfortunately my tube tester is too new to test this tube.  I would
recommend contacting Chris at EPO, Electronic Parts Outlet, to ask him if
his tube checker can test this tube; if it is listed on his chart.  He has
a stand-up tube tester such as would have been at drug stores of my youth.

The 811 is a triode, utilizing a thoriated tungsten filament as a cathode.
As Rick suggests, an ohm meter check of the filament / heater should test
for continuity.  Then check for shorts between filament, grid and plate,
there should not be any.  Pins 1 and 4 are the filaments.  Pin 2 is
unused.  Pin 3 is the grid and the plate is on top.  Look and see if the
plate shows signs of discoloration or overheating.  If the silver getter
coating inside the glass is silver and not white then the tube is holding a
vacuum still.

The specs are here:
www.radiotechnika.hu/images/811A.pdf

My e-mail is: