I bought a small Astron RS-20A when I was first licensed in 1993 and keep it now for taking to field day or portable. I have been using an Astron RS-35A since around 1995 when I got into HF and was using 2 radios. It has enough power for an HF radio, satellite radio, the TNC,  and another 2m radio. I also power the ICOM CIT level converter and the Yaesu rotor control interface for tracking satellites. Plenty of power and has run for many years without a hiccup. I have it plugged into a Wemo switch which allows me to turn the power on when I am not at home and also turn the power off when I stop operating and sometimes forget to kill the power to the power supply.

I have been very happy with the Astron products in fact, I never have to worry about them. They are like a Timex, they just keep on ticking. Okay for the young ones here that do not know what a Timex is ;-), like an Eveready Bunny that never stops.

73...bruce

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT Director Contests and Awards