Randy;

This is the cable I got. It works on all four of the UV5R and BF8 HTs I've got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK/

On 8/12/21 12:17 PM, Randy Pickut via BVARC wrote:
Thanks for the input, guys!

I ordered a Prolific USB Serial Programming Cable and tried to program my radio using CHIRP, but clicking "Radio" in the menu bar of that software brings up nothing  - as opposed to YouTubes that I've seen or when plugging in my Baofeng. (Perhaps I have a cable problem??)

I talked to Mike Harwick of BVARC, and he told me to practice programming in freq's manually
before loading up a hundred repeaters through the software.

Will try the manual route for now and will explore all your suggestions when I get that working.

Thanks a lot, and your info is backed up for reference.

Hope to talk to you all soon - Randy Pickut, KI5LQS