Hi Mike,

When I put mine in I left about 8-12” out of the ground. Plenty of room for
multiple clamps and coax grounding blocks.

If you’re not already aware make sure you bond your station ground with your
home’s electrical ground. I have some wire that you’re welcome to for bonding
if your run isn’t too long. Let me know!

73,

Mike Giannaccio
W5REZ