I agree with everyone.  I maintained and repaired Toshiba UPS Systems for
several years and would bet the mortgage on batteries.  Depending on a
number of factors (float voltage and ripple, environment temperature, how
many cycles, how deep the discharge, etc., etc.) best case expect less than
5 years, the big boys watch VRLA's closely, especially after 3 years and
will change them entirely after 3-1/2 to 4 years.
VRLA float voltage is maintained at approx 2.25 volts per cell or about
13.5V. They should both be reading close to that immediately after you pull
them out, within a few percent of each other - first clue.
What's happening is that, under load, the battery voltage
very rapidly drops to the level where the UPS shuts itself down (low
battery cutoff). This is a protection such that batteries can't be depleted
too far which will ruin them and is happening so fast you don't realize
what's going on.
Headlamp bulb is a good idea, monitor the voltage, put some kind of  5A or
so resistive load on a battery. It should drop to a value around 12V, then
very slowly decrease with the rate accelerating with time. I suspect you
will see it immediately.  Make sure to clean the fan if there is one!.
A cut-sheet of a VRLA battery will show you what's going on Almost
assuredly the batteries.  Data sheet of a VRLA battery from a safe site:
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/612553.pdf