Mike another thank you for so much information. The material I am thinking of
is a hard material my uncle in the 70s was working as a chemical engineer for
Phillips chemical there in Pasadena In the 70s.He sent me a sample of it it was
a powder Form of a brown powder  in a slurry  sprayed on a surface and then
heated in the recommended heat was about 600° this was for skillets and
probably pans and that sort of thing so I’m not sure the statement about the it
breaking down into formaldehyde is a correctly applied to this material I’m
thinking of. My application will be an insulator between two pipes probably
inch inch and a quarter in diameter I can machine it to do the shape that I
need it to be but it’s going to have a fair amount of stress on it because it’s
going to be just above my trailer hitch and vertical pipe that will stand up
and be above the top of the camper at 70 miles an hour I’m not sure I’m
probably need to do some road testing on that.  I would not be surprised if
Dupont had seen the product and bought it out to maintain their superiority
with Teflon.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS