I always try to use Belden...never had a bad experience with it...LMR is ok
but I use it in simplex operations...doubt you'll ever need to use it on
rptr but in duplex operation, LMR is bad...foil and braid shield cause
noise issues...double copper braid like RG214 OR RG9 , or the smaller RG55
, 400 is best..but for home use LMR is ok...always get the largest your
budget can afford with correct connectors. RG 58 is fine for short runs at
VHF and even long runs on HF but it has power limits... good for 100watts
or so...above that, go with 1/2in size cable like RG8  or LMR400.

Chris WB5ITT