As a software developer myself, I can definitively state that the HRD
software is not at fault here. If there is no command in the FT-991A
that will perform the functionality, it cannot do it. I use HRD
myself for occaisional remote connections, and there are a couple
things I can't do on an Elecraft K3 - same reason.

If you were demanding a refund, I can understand the sarcasm coming
from tech support (which I also do) if you failed to accept his
perfectly valid reasoning. It is not difficult to frustrate a tech
support person using the tactic of irrationality.

Use the knob.

BTW: the Winkey interface in HRD sucks. Use WKRemote.

Roy -- AD5Q
Programming since 1967

 > He then proceeds to insult me with statements like the following
quote: "We also cannot control your Mr. Coffee or smart home devices
through the FT-991A. But that's due to the same exact reason -
there's no command in the FT-991A command set for a Mr. Coffee or
smart home devices.