From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> On Behalf Of David Holden via BVARC
Sent: Sunday, May 7, 2023 7:23 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: David Holden <dghol...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Yaesu FTM-200DR, FTM-300DR or FTM-500DR?

I have the FTM-300D and used a Lido mount that works well. The mount attaches
to floor using the seat bolt and gives you a flexible conduit up to where you
attach the faceplate. See pics on Lido mount’s website. I have the radio base
under the seat and hear it adequately but I think a remote speaker would be
better. There’s a lot of radio control you can do with the handheld mic once
you get used to it. I use mic controls more than faceplate controls when
driving but still look at the faceplate to see where the radio is tuned.

David WJ9O