Karl,

I am getting the Anytone AT-D578uviii Plus for my car and not only will it
take the same codeplug as my 878uvii Plus, it also has a remote microphone
that is must like the 878. In cable mode, I will be able to tether the
bluetooth handset via a cable to the radio and have the screen in my hand.
I plan to mount the radio under the passenger seat and run the handset
cable such that I can I tuck it away when not in use.

The cabled remote can power on/off the radio as well as give you all of the
functions in your hand. The remote handsets are out of stock at the moment,
but my mobile should be here by Tuesday :)

The 578 is 50W VHF/40W UHF/ 5W 220 and RX only for Airbands.

David Morefield

Owner - Fluffyshotme Photography

*da...@fluffyshotme.com <da...@fluffyshotme.com>*

281-960-5253 mobile