Thanks Orin.

However, I am not looking for a paper or mailed QSL card. I just want them to
confirm my contact on QRZ, Clublog, or LoTW. It still seems they want money for
that.

From: orin snook <osn...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 6:14 AM
To: Roy Storey via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Shannon Tassin <stas...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Charging for QSL?

Shannon,

Common practice following rising postal rates.

Cards started out as real post cards, then got fancy with color photography+.
In order to keep them pristine, mailing in an envelope became customary,
drawing even more postage.

When in Indonesia, it was common for me to receive their QSL card with a self
addressed envelope enclosed with a dollar, real stamps or a “green stamp” (that
was killed years ago) – an international postal unit of value about two thirds
of the time. Motivated me to respond in stellar fashion. Started a significant
stamp collection.

With large numbers, gets to be a real job, often farmed out to QSL Managers,
hence the drive toward different e-QSL verifications of contacts “chasing
paper”.

73 & GL in contest

KB5F

Orin Snook